Sunday 23 February 2014

Current favorites



It's been a while since I've shared my favourite items with you all! This time I've got quite a few favourites, well the last few months I've had a bit of money saved to treat myself with more than I normally do, lucky me!

The Mortal Instruments, City of Bones DVD. During summer last year a close friend recommended reading The Mortal Instruments series, by Cassandra Clare(in fairness I'm still reading it...) which I absolutely fell IN LOVE with. They're absolutely amazing, so I recommended reading those! I was then told that they were making the first book of the series into a film, which was possibly the greatest thing I'd ever heard. The film is amazing, although its not a completely accurate translation of book to film it's still amazingly close! Since pre-ordering the film and it arriving I've probably watched it at least 3 times a week...obsessive I know but it's SO good.

The manual of mess and mistakes, Keri Smith. The 'mess' journal is part of the Wreck this Journal family. This was a gift for my 18th birthday. I've only recently started using it properly and I'm loving using it. In the same way as the wreck this journal it gives instructions on each page, but this one is aimed more at just making a mess and not worrying about the outcome. It's just really fun, especially after a crappy day!

Animal crossing for 3DS and 3DS. As childish as it sounds I've re-fallen in love with the Nintendo DS and Animal Crossing. Ever since the new animal crossing came out I've been dying to buy it, but of course life and its necessity for money got in the way, which meant I've had to wait. I also had to buy a whole new console as I had the Nintendo DSI which the game doesn't play on (Nice game plan Nintendo, really considerate), it was quite a bit of money I needed spair. But honestly the wait has been worth it. I've not put it down for the past month or so whenever I get the chance. Defiantly worth buying/playing, even if it did cost around £125 for the console and game!

Make-up and beauty wise I've been loving quite a few things recently.
No7, lash adapt mascara. This was given to me by my mum just after Christmas and I've fallen in love with it. It makes my eyelashes super long and volumised. Its wand is a perfect texture which means there's less clumps, which is always a winner.

 Collection, Lasting perfection, ultimate wear concealer, in Medium number 3. I've never been much of a liquid make up wearer, but just recently I've began to look like the walking dead all the time as I'm always tired. So I thought hey why not try some concealer. This is the only one, in fairness I've given a full try, others I try for a day and decide I don't like them. But this one is pretty good, it was around £4.50 I think, which is pretty reasonable and I think it was a pretty good purchase really, its got a long lasting coverage and matches to skin colour quite well. So I'm quite happy with it, well I must be considering I've had it on everyday for nearly 2 weeks now(I don't normally stick to make-up that well.)

Ted baker body spray. This was part of a gift set which I received as a present for Christmas. It smells absolutely gorgeous. It's hard to describe but is really sophisticated and grown up...if that makes sense. It's nice for both during the day and for formal occasions. The only problem is now it's nearly empty and I can't find it any shops or even online :-(!
Well done for the slightly out of focus photo hannah...doing it so much justice
 Benefit's world famous neutrals eye shadow palette. This was a bit of an impulse buy for me. When I was out shopping just after Christmas I came across the palette and loved the colours, I've always heard such good things about Benefit products but had never tried them. The palette was £23.50 and honestly it was a well spent £23.50 I think. All the colours are neutral(obviously...) but they're subtle enough to wear everyday and even to dress up for nights out. I've really fallen in love with one of the crease less cream shadows called R.S.V.P. It's so natural, stays in place all day and sits well with pretty much any outfit. I love it!

So that's my current favourites for you all! Hope you enjoyed reading. I love doing these types of posts!

@HanMcFly
smilingwontkillyou

No comments:

Post a Comment